Sunday, January 17, 2010

Man VS Wild...

So it's just one of those days, you know? The past two days have been like that, really, where all the little things pile up and finally get to you and all that you want to do is get wasted, but you don't drink, so you don't know what to do...some things are hurtful, some depressing and some are just frustrating. I'm not going to name any names on here about the hurtful stuff, but I will tell you about one of the most ridiculous situations. This is actually funny...and crazy.

Since October, two of my guy friends and I have been planning to go hiking. Yesterday I received a phone call from Thing 1 saying that he had had a dream, and his dream told him that, instead of a day hike, we needed to go backpacking...furthermore, his dream declared we go backpacking without a tent! For me...that's just a BAD idea, right? I mean I guess a lot of people go camping without a tent, but I'm not keen on going all "Man Versus Wild" with Thing 1 and Thing 2, so I called Thing 2 and told him about Thing 1's dream. I don't know what excuse HE has to want to go backpacking without a tent - probably to prove his masculinity or some god damned thing...yeah, he too, wants to go tentless.

My plan? Bring a 1 person tent and when it rains and they're cold, laugh my ass off. What do you think?

No comments: